Purpose of Department/Group:
To provide a diversified revenue stream to the DMG by developing, building and/or growing relationships with leading businesses to sell curated retail products to the readers using the Mail brand and assets.
Purpose of Role:
To drive sales and trading across all customer touch points, both online and offline, through retention and acquisition campaigns, whilst continuing to develop the product strategy, manage third party partnerships and optimise performance and yield.
Key Competencies / Experience:
• Commercial experience in a direct-to-consumer business
• Experience managing clients (internal and external)
• Strong with numbers, both delivering revenue against targets and modelling projections
• Excellent analytical skills
• Entrepreneurial self-starter
• Team player
• Results and goals oriented
• Strong communicator
• Overall P&L ownership.
• Forecasting – monthly/annual revenue plans.
• Drive the continued development of a robust and profitable business; partnerships, marcomms, operations, tech and product.
• Partner Relationship Management - provide a professional, proactive and efficient day-to- day point of contact. Manage regular communication with partners. Decide when to highlight partner opportunities internally.
• Develop and deliver effective trading and marketing plans
• Prepare weekly KPI reporting including effective reporting from the partnerships
• Use data, analytics and insights competently to drive the most effective and efficient commercial practices
• Identify, negotiate and launch new partnerships, products and services
• Set team targets/objectives which drive sustainable growth and business improvement across all areas of the shop business.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in shared resource functions to leverage and make best use of available support – Ops, Product, Tech, HR, legal, Finance
• Develop team capability, building centres of excellence as well as nurturing rising future leaders within the team.
• Reporting and presentations to the wider business on MailShop plans and performance.
• Support the wider business on projects as and when required.
• Develop existing and identify new routes to market, both online and offline, Mail Newspapers and beyond, to grow the category to is maximum potential
• Funnel Optimisation - measurement of and planning for all stages of the ‘funnel' through timely, accurate, and insightful management information from partners for allocated product lines.
Measures of Success:
• Deliver revenue targets
• Demonstrated marketing plans for all partners
• Demonstrate the regular use of data-led marketing
• Weekly, monthly, annual KPI’s (including leads, bookings, calls per SCC, online conversion, etc)
• Demonstrated positive relationship with partners
• Identifying and onboarding new partners
What we can offer...
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the PensionSaver (Auto) Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
Life cover under the PensionSaver Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.