Peabody is excited to be working with Southend Borough Council to provide a “housing first” service to people who have experienced sustained or recurring homelessness. We have an opportunity for a Team Manager to lead the team of Housing First Support Workers. This is a permanent, full time position. Part time applicants are invited to apply and be considered for a job share opportunity.
You will be required to manage, lead a motivate a small team of Housing First Support Workers whose focus will be on providing intensive wraparound support to people who have experienced long term homelessness. You will have experience of working with people who are homeless and or have complex needs, including substance misuse issues. You will also have experience of managing a team in a care and support setting. Most importantly, you will have a passion for supporting people to sustain their tenancy and lead a fulfilling life.
As the Team Manager, you will require the ability to recognise and be sensitive to the psychological and emotional needs of people using the service, but the service is not commissioned to deliver psychological interventions and so the you will need to be able to recognise the boundaries of your role and how best to link people to other appropriate services.
Benefits of becoming our Team Manager:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance programme line
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role)
- Paid Enhanced DBS (All Enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Peabody offer a variety of different types of roles and encourage staff development and progression
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Team Manager please review the job description and apply today!
Please note: Video interviews will take place on Thursday 11th March 2021.