Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Are you a qualified or a part-qualified Management Accountant, with managerial experience?
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fund Accountant in our Fund Accounting team. You will be joining an experienced and successful function within our Life business who are integral to the accuracy of the Oracle General Ledger and inputs to the reporting process. This involves oversight of the financial activities of outsourcers, reconciliation & controls over data, finalisation of trial balance & analytical review packs, administration of internal reassurance arrangements and controls over unit linked business. The team is proactive with managing financial relationships with our outsourcers, covering accounting, incidents and change activity within the function.
Reporting to the Fund Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity & accuracy of the General Ledger for a number of allocated life funds. This will involve you working closely with our outsourcers and reconciling numbers and accounting controls. You will be managing a team of up to 8 experienced Fund Accountants and Analysts, driving their development, performance and workload. We will need you to continue to lead them by example, demonstrate proactive behaviour and achieve deliverables collaboratively in a lean environment.
Other responsibilities include:
• Managing the production for each allocated fund an accurate & complete trial balance for handover to the Financial Reporting team in preparation for reporting periods.
• Overseeing the team in covering bank & suspense reconciliation work.
• Providing monthly performance reporting that meets the requirements of the product company service level agreements/reporting packs.
We are looking for
• An experienced Accountant from a large complex organisation.
• Either part or fully qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA / AAT).
• Effective people management & development experience. We have a great team in place, so we want someone who will enjoy seeing them at their best and all the different ways to help them get there.
• Good understanding of interpreting data, which will be essential for the review of GL adjustments, forecasting, establishing root causes & report assessments
• Ability to address effectively. As part of our reconciliation work, it means we sometimes need to have difficult conversations with various stakeholders of all levels.
• Excellent communication skills. With the exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders you will need to be able to articulate in a self-assured manner through written communications or face to face.
• It would be desirable if you have experience of working with third parties or outsourcers in delivery
• Experience of a proactive approach to reporting lifecycles, and the ability to identify & recommend process improvement would also be desirable.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 27th May 2020.