Dstl Porton Down or White City London
About the job
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) was established in December 2016 as part of the Defence Innovation Initiative to provide the UK with strategic advantage by having the most innovative Defence and Security capabilities in the world.
The DASA Enterprise Collaboration Service (ECS) went live on the Salesforce Platform in May 2018 and currently stands at a total of 800 internal users and 1500 external partner community users. Over the course of the next financial year the use of ECS will be extended across the wider Defence Innovation landscape. As the DASA Enterprise Collaboration Service System Administrator, you will play a key role in the configuration and maintenance of the Salesforce service in support of all 4 DASA functional teams. You will also support its roll out to the wider Defence Innovation Community.
Reporting to the Enterprise Collaboration Service Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for internal users across Defence Innovation and provide 2nd line support cover for external users accessing the platform via a bespoke Partner Community implementation.
In this role you will:
• Respond to and wherever possible resolve user support cases from internal users
• Respond to and wherever possible resolve external user support cases escalated from various administration teams.
• Maintain and provide reporting in respect of user support cases
• Perform declarative configuration tasks in support of bug fixes and system enhancements.
• Document and coordinate the handling of user case-load (bug fixes and enhancements) as part of the ECS Change Control Board.
• Work with internal users to understand reporting and data visualisation requirements and deliver solutions using standard salesforce functionality.
• Support the preparation and execution of test scripts and testing as necessary.
• Help drive user adoption of the platform through the production of training materials and provision of advice to users as necessary
• Assist with the production and maintenance of system documentation
• Commit to achieving Salesforce ADM 201 certification, as well as engaging in wider learning and development opportunities.
• Provision of ECS system User Research support in order to meet Government Digital Service beta accreditation (Full training will be provided).
We are looking for someone who has:
• Certification or comparable experience as a Systems Administrator
• Experience of design and build of reports and dashboards
• Experience of managing aspects of system user experience and case load
• Familiar with API Data management tools
• Experience of data manipulation using MS Excel
• Experience of design, implementation, testing and troubleshooting system workflows
• Comfortable working within a robust governance framework, maintaining documentation, testing and making deployments between sandbox and production environments
• A familiarity with Google G Suite applications and their integration with Salesforce is desirable
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Managing a Quality Service
Making Effective Decisions
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
• Flexible working
• Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
• Chartership and accreditation support
• Generous annual leave
• A competitive salary
• Excellent learning and development
• Onsite gyms and restaurants
• Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Our Diversity Networks
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following;
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Network
- Faith and Culture Network
- Parents and Carer Support Network
- Alternative Working Network
- Gender Equality Network
- New Starters Network
- Enabled Network
Please note that Dstl will be contacting individuals via email and you should check your junk mail folder regularly. Any attachments may not be available via smart phone or tablet views.
If you are applying for this position as a Job Share please indicate if you have a partner who is also applying for this vacancy and if you are successful but they are not if you would still consider the role.
For further information about Dstl please check out our LinkedIn page
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
Candidates must submit a 500 word expression of interest detailing technical suitability to the role and relevant experience, along with a CV.
Sift will take place week commencing 13th April, with interviews the following two weeks at Dstl Porton Down. Interviews will test behaviours and technical competence.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our status as a “Reserve Post” organisation, Dstl vacancies are open to candidates who only hold UK nationality.
If you hold Dual Nationality, i.e. have the right to abode, have citizenship or hold a passport/national identity card for another country outside the UK – you will not be eligible for this role.
The security of our work means that only UK nationals who have also resided in the UK for the last 5 years (10 years for certain roles) can be considered. Some roles will require Developed Vetting (DV). Unfortunately dual nationals cannot be considered.
At Dstl we are committed to inclusivity and diversity within our workforce. During the application process we collect information to help us monitor this. It helps us better-understand our incoming workforce, as well as highlighting areas of improvement.
The information we request will not be used to make a decision about your application - no applicant or employee will ever be seen as more or less favourable based on disability, gender, martial or civil partnership status, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion/belief.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Recruitment team :
Should you wish to raise a formal complaint about the Dstl recruitment process you should email email@example.com stating the nature of the issue. We will respond within 5 working days.
If you have a disability we will try our best to make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to this post in the application / interview process due to a disability.