Deputy Director, Joint Head of National Communications Data Service (NCDS)
Location: Manchester (with Regular travel around the UK)
Salary: Up to £85,000
The National Communications Data Service (NCDS) provides ground-breaking national capabilities in relation to telecommunications data for the UK’s law enforcement agencies, UK intelligence community and hundreds of wider public authorities. Under the provisions of the Investigatory Powers Act 2016, NCDS fields these capabilities and services to support the success and pace of operations to counter terrorism, tackle serious and organised crime, and protect vulnerable persons.
This role is to jointly lead NCDS and focusses on ensuring service continuity and evolution of the current generation of services, and leading critical programmes to deliver some of the next generation capabilities. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership skills, and a track record of building and leading diverse cross-functional teams and an ability to motivate, inspire and guide others, delivering in an uncertain and fast paced environment where the outcomes from the work really matter. Key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the maintenance of critical live services 24/7/365 and evolve services through continuous improvement.
• Ownership and leadership of critical programmes of work ranging between re-set status through to new set up, delivering the transformation or replacement of new operational capabilities and new generation services
• Manage a complex matrix team structure comprising of Civil Servants, contractors and partners, to maximise quality and high-performance outcomes; Inspire, engage and build capability, working across boundaries to lead multi-disciplinary teams promoting an inclusive and collaborative culture whilst empowering teams and individuals to take charge of their area of work and make decisions
• Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, promoting the value of NCDS
• Work with a range of suppliers, ensuring successful strategic partnering and holding providers to account for high quality outputs
• Strong evidence of having successfully managed and delivered complex IT projects, programmes or portfolios utilising iterative delivery methodologies, including support to senior leaders and influencing business decisions and deliver outcomes to time, cost and quality
• Excellent team leadership, management, collaboration and partnering skills with the ability to lead people through change and deliver outcomes
• Comfortable operating with a high degree of personal autonomy and responsibility, and with making effective judgements
• Communication and influencing skills, with an ability to build effective relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders, capable of flexing your style, to understand and engage with different audiences whilst commanding confidence at all levels
For more information click on APPLY and for an informal confidential conversation contact our advising consultants at GatenbySanderson:
Lisa Paul-Wickham at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Sarah Luxford at email@example.com or call 0113 205 6062.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 12 December 2021 @ 11:55pm