3 year Fixed Term Contract
Up to £81k (negotiable depending on experience)
Location: Hybrid with access to one of our office locations (Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Cardiff, Stoke)
The Home Office mission is fundamentally important: to keep Britain’s streets safe and its borders secure. Each and every member of Home Office staff plays a part in making that happen. With a budget of £13.6bn and a staffing profile of over 35,000, we lead on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime policy, counter-extremism and counter-terrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
The role of Deputy Director of Customer Experience is a new, exciting and demanding role, sitting within the recently established Customer Services Directorate. This directorate serves a range of customers, be it those that are most vulnerable and seeking asylum or modern slavery victims to those who are looking to apply for a passport or consider studying in the UK. The purpose of this role is to ensure comprehensive & best practice customer insight is embedded and the customers’ voice is heard - this includes proactively identifying improvement opportunities, new products and services to enhance performance, customer experience and outcomes. In doing this you will work with a range of stakeholders whilst also influencing strategic planning, portfolio management, business design and workforce planning. You’ll lead and nurture the Customer Experience team, including the Contact Centre and Correspondence area, whilst forming part of this incredibly dedicated team that put the heart of the customer first.
This is a challenging and exciting time for the Customer Services Directorate and the Deputy Director Customer Experience will be crucial in our efforts to ensure we realise our ambitions – could this be you?
We are looking for individuals that can demonstrate the following criteria to be successful in post:
• An exceptional leader with a track record of leading and managing diverse and virtual teams, you will have proven ability to set a strong direction and convey a persuasive future vision at all levels of an organisation. This includes within matrix management structures and those not under your direct control
• Proven expertise in customer service insight, customer experience strategy, customer contact management and Marketing Communications. You will be highly customer focused, developing strategies which deliver to the needs of our many and varied users/customers
• Demonstrate how you have effectively prioritised and championed diversity and inclusion and development of teams by setting out clearly and effectively the culture and expectations within the business area - encouraging and motivating teams; driving high performance and developing and retaining talent.
• A clear record of success in enabling the delivery of transformational change in customer experience, with tangible business impact / improved customer satisfaction outcomes, including through the utilisation of digital and data.
• Demonstrate the ability to work highly collaboratively with a range of key stakeholders at all levels, and from a range of sectors, to inform, shape, influence and deliver exceptional customer services, both internally and externally
• Willing to innovate, try new approaches to collaboration and challenge the status quo, including across complex and sometimes ambiguous landscapes.
The Home Office offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office (Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Cardiff, Stoke)
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please submit via clicking Apply.
• An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
• A Supporting Statement (no more than 1,250 words) that addresses the criteria (‘About you’), providing examples where possible
Please note that the closing date for all applications is Sunday 17 July 2022 (23:55)
Further information and setting up a confidential chat
For further information about the role or how to apply, please do get in touch and contact Sarah Luxford on 07812 150 386 or email@example.com to arrange an informal conversation.