About the role
As a Security Consultant, you will contribute to the development of the organisations security strategy; which combines non-functional requirements, technology reference models, security policies and standards. Working collaboratively with the wider team, providing authoritative cyber security advice and guidance to internal and external teams at all stages of the project lifecycle; ensuring solutions comply with relevant policies, reference models, regulations and best practices.
You’ll participate in making sure that project risks are documented, accepted and transferred to bring closure. You will provide support on security validations; by advising, reviewing and signing off test strategies against requirements. You will also play a key part in delivering cyber education, awareness and readiness across OS and our projects.
What we’re looking for
If you’re interested in joining a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about, we’re looking for someone that can demonstrate skills and experience in:
· Working as a Cyber Security Consultant or Assessor
· Experience of consulting, influencing and assessment with the ability to communicate with stakeholders
· Ability to define and deliver training exercises, workshops, presentations and briefings
· Knowledge of delivering and maintaining compliance and security standards – such as GDPR, DPA, PCI-DSS, Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, NIST and those published by the NCSC
· Knowledge of cyber platforms – such as SIEM, WAF, Malware Defences and IAM
· Technical knowledge of, and able to, articulate business and cyber security risk
· Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles
You may also have:
· Formal cyber security certification - CISSP, SSCP, CISM
· Experience of working on competitive bids, proposition development and procurements
· Good knowledge of cloud and big-data platforms - Azure, Oracle
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. Check out how we support and invest in our employees by clicking here. We’ll give you:
· Salary: £53,754 - £63,240
· Performance related bonus
· A competitive pension scheme
· We embrace flexible working and can consider different working hours dependent on the role and your personal circumstances
· 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
· Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
OSHQ is based in Southampton, Hampshire but at OS we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We embrace a hybrid working model where we believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from our fantastic offices in Southampton, London or from home. We want to continue to be an inclusive employer and recognise that one size doesn’t necessarily fit all.