Employer of the week
About the role
Join our Networks and Addressing team as a Senior Support Engineer, where you will lead a team responsible for continuously improving of our systems; ensuring that they remain secure, supported and meet business requirements, in line with our strategic objectives.
An important aspect of this role is to manage team activities and support staff in delivering tasks to maintain and improve software or infrastructure services that underpin key business activity. Alongside this, there will be opportunities to influence and shape maintenance roadmaps and design of new systems.
This role offers the chance to lead a complementary team by providing line management, coaching and mentoring. You will have the opportunity to apply your experience in software engineering, support and maintenance to help us build secure, scalable, performant systems that are easy to maintain and support. Experience around Deployment, Debugging, Testing, and Monitoring systems will be beneficial.
What we are looking for
If you are interested in joining a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about, we are looking for someone that can demonstrate essential skills and experience in:
· One or more programming languages – C#, Python
· Experience in Geospatial technologies – ESRI Applications, FME
· Database knowledge including Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
· Software engineering best practice
· Understanding of Geospatial data
· Microsoft Azure technologies (desirable)
· Provide technical consultancy to enable the business to optimally use IT systems
· Continually identify and implement support process improvements, including automating deployments
· Ensure the Support Team have the capability to carry out all support tasks to a high standard, engaging in mentoring/coaching, arranging training and coordinating recruitment campaigns as appropriate
· Provide line management within a multi-skilled support team
· Research and implement new technologies and practises, working with the Service Owners, Lead Engineers and architects where appropriate
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
· Salary: £40,749 - £45,543
· Performance related bonus
· A competitive pension scheme
· We embrace flexible working and can consider different working hours dependent on the role and your personal circumstances
· 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
· Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
OSHQ is based in Southampton, Hampshire but at OS we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We embrace a hybrid working model where we believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from our fantastic office or from home. We want to continue to be an inclusive employer and recognise that one size doesn’t necessarily fit all.