Employer of the week
About the role
Be a key part of our Engagement and Consumer Services team, by joining as a Test Lead; providing leadership and co-ordination for all testing activities, across various projects and operational deliverables. Your experience should encompass understanding of mobile applications and games, web-based applications including E-commerce platforms and the challenges that these present in testing scenarios.
Seeking a candidate that is passionate about leading and building teams, developing people in test disciplines and can demonstrate subject matter expertise. An opportunity to build strong working relationships with other Test Leads and the wider Test community across OS Engineering. You will have experience in working with internal and external project stakeholders, software development teams and third-party vendors whilst contributing to effective agile delivery.
A role enabling you to develop Test strategies, creating test plans, and ensure that a ‘Test-early’ mindset is commonplace within the team. You should also be able to provide direction on test automation and monitoring, via the appropriate tools. You should have knowledge and experience of non-functional testing e.g. Security, scalability, performance, integration etc.
What we are looking for
If you are interested in joining a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about, we are looking for someone that can demonstrate essential skills and experience in:
· Developing Test strategies and plans
· Developing Test best practices and ways of working
· Developing Test monitoring capabilities
· Delivering Test Automation and related frameworks
· Providing guidance on selecting appropriate test tools
· Delivering non-functional Test Requirements
· Experience in testing on a cloud platform
· Experience in mobile app/game testing
· Working in an Agile methodology, whilst engaging third-party delivery teams and stakeholder
· People Leadership, coaching and mentoring of Test Engineers and Analysts
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
· Salary: £45,951 - £51,357
· Performance related bonus
· A competitive pension scheme
· We embrace flexible working and can consider different working hours dependent on the role and your personal circumstances
· 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
· Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
OSHQ is based in Southampton, Hampshire but at OS we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We embrace a hybrid working model where we believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from our fantastic office or from home. We want to continue to be an inclusive employer and recognise that one size doesn’t necessarily fit all.