British Medical Association
The BMA has launched a substantial and high profile new project Lessons learned (https://www.bma.org.uk/bma-media-centre/don-t-wait-to-start-public-covid-19-inquiry-says-bma-as-association-begins-its-own-pandemic-lessons-learned-r eview) from the pandemic which will gather and publish evidence in to key areas of the pandemic response and pose questions for the public inquiry to address. This work will run up until, and beyond, the expected launch of a public inquiry in spring 2022.
The role holder will be expected to project manage this process, ensuring the work meets key milestones and objectives, that all internal stakeholders are kept abreast of developments through regular reporting and co-ordination of internal steering group. The project will span BMA branch of medical practice committees, departments and devolved nations. The successful candidate would be expected to bring strong experience of project management to the role.
As well as the immediate work to gather, analyse and publish evidence, the project will also ensure that the BMA is well prepared for the public inquiry in 202 2. The project manager will have a key role ! in ensuring the BMA is well placed to submit substantially to the inquiry.
The role holder will report to the Head of Public Affairs, working closely with the Head of Public Health and Healthcare. The work will require autonomous working and substantial work with senior elected members.
Outputs of this work are expected to be high profile and garner significant media, member and stakeholder interest.
Experience of working on public inquiries is desirable but not critical.
You will be well supported via your colleagues through what is a clearly vital piece of work for the BMA and our members.
In your new role you will:
* ensure the BMA’s lessons learnt work is coordinated and managed effectively, delivered impa ctfully in line with key milestones and objectives
* develop and planning the BMA’s internal and external stakeholder engagement (including BMA committees, networks and forums)
* work closely with colleagues across the BMA (esp the policy, public affairs, devolved nation and legal teams) as well as the BMA’s elected members
* manage risks to project delivery effectively, working closely with the Head of Public Affairs and Head of Public Health and Healthcare
The successful candidate will need:
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* An ability to work effectively, tactfully and diplomatically with a range of internal and external stakeholders
* An ability to get up to speed quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of the health sector is not essential, experience of working on public inquiries or managing significant projects would be extremely beneficial
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision. The BMA speaks for doctors at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
* Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
* Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
* Season t icket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
* Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.