12 month Secondment/FTC
The Instructional Design Specialist works with an expert teams to design and deliver effective, engaging, compelling development solutions, using best in class behavioural and soft skills
learning methods and frameworks.
Ensuring all learning solutions have the leaner at the heart of the design, build and implementat
ion. This role in particular requires an Instructional Design Specialist with strong knowledge of management and leadership theory and experience in the design and development of management and leadership.
* Produce well planned storyboards, encapsulating all media channels (which could include video scripts, digital and instructional copy for learning content)
* Design bespoke instructional and blended learning solutions including assessments and simulations for a variety of subjects (including management and leadership) across all business units
* Develop, analyse and challenge learning aims and objectives. Work effectively with colleagues and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design solutions that align with these
* Lead colleagues to create compelling and engaging learning solutions. Ensure excellent quality of deliverables
* Have an expert knowledge of learning trends and be able to develop innovative solutions from them. Research new learning
solutions and make recommendations that help deliver the learning strategy.
* Be the lead designer on major, and cross business unit, design projects, responsible for ensuring the design meets the needs, strategy and goals of the content requestor/sponsor
* Responsible for overall management of major learning solution design at all times - maintaining project documentation, plans and course folders during the project lifecycle (from definition through to close out)
* Responsible for driving effective learning content creation and maintaining internal design standards when working with non-L&D specialists
* Attend lead, and/or contribute to design and scoping meetings with colleagues. Demonstrate solid experience in using ‘Action Mapping’ methodology in scoping.
* Act as an advocate for learning across the business. Deliver Train the Trainer events to delivery colleagues (to enable them to confidently understand and deliver designed content)
* Work with the Col
league Experience team, colleagues and client stakeholders/SMEs to ensure suitable evaluation metrics are defined at design stage
* Use feedback and post course evaluations to recommend changes to enhance collateral , ensuring learning outcomes and objectives are achieved
* Be recognised as an inspirational designer and a role model to other instructional and multi-media designers
* Uphold and drive improvements in design quality standards. Follow the internal development process and suggest opportunity for improvement and efficiencies. Embrace a culture of continuous improvement of design output, focusing clearly on metrics relating to Time to Market (TTM), Time to Competency (TTC) and Quality Assurance (QA)
* Take responsibility for wider stakeholder engagement and the management of all design inputs, including external suppliers
* Use a commercial lens to make informed decisions and recommendations on the best learning methodology that meets the required capability gaps whilst being delivered in the most cost effective way
Competencies and Qualifications
* Thorough practical working knowledge of learning and development processes and methodologies and ability to design and develop innovative and effective learning solutions
* Excellent training design skills including the ability to create innovative solutions
* Experience of working in a busy environment, working to tight deadlines in a fast paced ever changing business
* Solid training project and programme management skills including managing virtual projects
* Excellent organisation skills – with strong, proven focus on delivering results / outcomes within required timeframes
* Professional credibility, subject matter expertise in management, leadership, learning design and seen as reflecting the our values
* Experience of working as part of a team and the ability to work largely self-managed with guidance and direction
* Evidence and passion for continued professio
nal development within the Behavioural leaning segment
* Effective facilitator and learning coach to lead virtual team and provide constructive developmental feedback.
* CIPD in Learning and Development desirable
* Professional qualifications in behavioural learning, coaching, and soft skill acquisition desirable
* Very strong written and visual design skills
* Previous experience in designing and developing L&D solutions for a management and leadership population
* Ability to translate defined learning requirements into credible, impactful and effective learning content that demonstrate an effective ROI within time to competency parameters and quality assurance parameter
* Ability to work as part of and the development of a remote team
* Customer focused- always ensuring that learning content is focused on doing what’s right for our learners and ultimately our customers.
* Strong communication and influencing
* Previous experience in designing and developing L&D solutions for a blue-chip organisation preferred