We have an amazing opportunity for a hand's on SAP Architect to join the SAP Technology team under the Digital Technology Services, Design and Engineering function. Technology is pivotal to our success, it’s the engine room of Centrica. Technology enables us to increase the efficiency of systems, products, and services and most importantly, it allows us to work flexibly and safely with our cus
tomers and colleagues to meet changing needs, this role plays a huge part in making this possible.
About us: We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We know a diverse mix of people and skills make up the best teams, supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
Location: Windsor/Flexible. Working flexibly has benefitted many colleagues and so when our offices re open soon, we will continue to offer flexible working arrangements.
Package: c.50k -dependant on experience, annual bonus, 25 days holiday, private pension options and private healthcare for all employees.
In this role, you will:
* Investigate and test specific technologies, systems, etc. to feedback on the design and development of the SAP technology roadmap
* Ensure solutions enable the operation of information systems to the required st
andard to maintain accurate and secure records
* Ensure solution designs and implementations adhere to the technology roadmap and business strategy
* Ensure costs of solutions fall within appropriate budget parameters, highlighting instances where these deviate
* Relate the technology insights to Centrica’s processes and standards to contribute to their design and improvement in line with ITIL best practice
* As part of the development of appropriate forecasting and governance models, compare existing product utilisation with contractual amounts and suggest potential optimisations
* Highlight operational, regulatory, etc. risks and ensure they are registered, managed and escalated as appropriate
* Implement and document policies, standards and guidelines in the appropriate SAP system, ensuring controls and other parameters reflect the agreed design
* Research and test solutions to contribute to the definition of enterprise architectures and principles (information,
software platform or technology) as a reference for solution architectures and designs in that domain
* Be responsible for managing workload and prioritisation of tasks, with direction from line manager, ensuring deadlines are met and any delays or blockers are raised and addressed appropriately
To be great in this role you will need:
* Sound understanding of:
* SAP and other relevant technologies, product portfolios, industry trends, and how these align to business objectives
* Cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and transformations
* Technical/solution design
* Software design and integration patterns
* Non-functional design and operational elements for sizing, performance, logging, monitoring, etc.
* Security, connectivity and identity and access management
* Experience of designing technical architectures with multiple SAP on-premise and cloud solutions, e.g. SAP BTP, S/4HANA, SAC, CX Suite, PO, etc., and a good understanding of the technologies under
pinning these solutions
* Strong communication and interpersonal capabilities demonstrated
* Positive attitude to developing professional knowledge, expertise and personal skills that lead to increased effectiveness
* Drive and aptitude to take ownership of individual tasks and drive to conclusion
* Experience of working in large multi-channel environment
* Experience of implementing solutions across multiple integration disciplines
* Experience of communicating to non-technical audiences
* Experience of full lifecycle implementations