This role can be based anywhere in the UK
Centrica Security play an intricate part in protecting Centrica’s global workforce, focused on enabling colleagues to remain safe whilst continually developing Centrica’s capabilities to deliver market leading energy solutions to our broad residential and commercial customer base.
Working at Centrica offers the ability to be involved with a broad range of areas, including bespoke security systems for Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial IoT (IIoT), and Operational Technology (OT).
Centrica Security have ‘Design Partner’ status with a number of vendors providing a close working relationship with the vendors’ product development teams which ensures that our requirements are given directly to the teams responsible for the individual products.
Within the team, as a Security Architect you will work to define, enhance, and implement Centrica’s information security architecture to ensure our colleagues and customers information is protected and remains secure.
Security Architect Key role responsibilities:
* Determine information security needs and requirements for applications, cloud services, and networks, firewalls, routers, cloud security, and related security and network devices
* Evaluate and recommend products and technologies
* Evaluate the interface between hardware, software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system
* Review Centrica’s information security architecture and platforms to identify integration issues and opportunities to enhance information security practices
* As the Security Architect you will lead the development of reference architectures across applications, infrastructure, and network environments
* Integrate security controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates risk to the organisation
* Identify and develop security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents
* As a Security Architect you will collaborate with system developers and users to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
* Assist in conducting technology and vendor assessments to validate that information security technology portfolios are kept up to date and meet contractual requirements
* Provide input on secure service offerings for technology transformation activities
What are we looking for?
* As the Security Architect you should have experience in developing security architecture and standards
* Experience working in architecting and designing information security solutions
* Experience in performing security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and helping to develop a security risk management plan
* Communication skills including the ability to articulate technical and business risk to a variety of audiences (technical / non-technical)
* The ability to persuade, guide, manage expectations and adapt to different circumstances and stakeholder mindsets
* Knowledge and experience across a breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components
* Experience in the implementation of information security program tools and solutions
* Good knowledge of operating systems, hardware and software platforms, and protocols
* Preferred, but not required certifications may include: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), or TOGAF / SABSA.