The Delivery team are responsible for the end-to-end delivery and facilitation of all learning programmes across Centrica.
The Learning & Development Manager (Engineering Delivery) is responsible for delivering technical and behavioural learning for the Field Workforce Engineers and Apprentices. They will also assume line / group management responsibility for a group of Engineering Apprentices.
* Lead the learning delivery of Engineering programmes ensuring employees can demonstrate competence across all aspects of the role and are compliant with relevant legislation and industry codes of practice.
* Deliver inspiring learning solutions that have our customers as the primary focus and which in turn will impact positively on our customers’ experience of British Gas and Centrica. This will be both face to face and virtual delivery.
* Planning and delivery of both Academy, Virtual and Field-Based training schedules and ensuring any service level agreements are completed to scale
* Delivery of whole training schemes, programmes, and award schemes including the timely completion of documentation and review requirements.
* Ensure that all pre-training / preparation activity is completed prior to commencement of sessions, in line with quality standards and SLA’s.
* Ensure learning delivery / assessment is compliant with awarding-body and Centrica quality frameworks and systems across all programmes.
* Liaise with operational stakeholders and the L&D teams to ensure the Programme is delivered on time and on budget.
* Ensure HSE and legal conformance as well as actively promoting and role-modelling safety performance.
* Ensuring Academy and field-based training locations (including Mobile Training Units) are appropriately prepared, and are conducive with safe and effective learning environments.
* Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across Centrica to ensure quality delivery of a consistent learning programme.
* Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate.
* Identify and share good delivery, facilitation and assessment practices and advancements that can be applied to learning activities across Centrica.
* Lead by example in delivery, facilitation and assessment methods, in particular, to promote a culture where learners are treated fairly and have equal and appropriate access to learning.
* Review learning evaluations and act on feedback to support continuous improvement of delivery and facilitation in terms of learner experience, satisfaction, engagement and business impact.
* Develop and maintain Continuing Professional Development (CPD) plans
* Proactive planning and relationship-management of key stakeholders to ensure feedback and learner progress is regularly reviewed.
* Provide effective leadership of learners and groups of learners to encourage best performance and to ensure compliance with all of Centrica’s policies on attendance, performance and code of conduct.
Required expereince and competences;
* Learner Centricity
* Business Context
* Regulatory & Compliance
* Stakeholder Management
* Behavioural Insight
* Gas Services Installation/Maintenance (N/SVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds 660 / 662 series)
* A professional qualification in Learning Delivery/Facilitation or an equivalent.
* Assessor Qualification
* Proven experience of delivering and facilitating technical and behavioural learning programmes within large customer orientated business, ideally from a sector where sales and service is a focus.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage all aspects of HSE across the learning environment.
* Proven track record of technical competence.
* Sufficient experience in a technical role and a full understanding of the Technical Operational Procedures relevant to any learner or group of learners.
* Understanding of National Vocational Qualifications, Scottish Vocational Qualifications, Learning Skills Councils, Sector Skills Councils, Funding Agencies, and Apprenticeships
* A functional knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO procedures.
* Ability to manage large group learning experiences or smaller interventions.
* Ability to influence and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, across all levels of the business.
* Strong underpinning knowledge of learning delivery methodology.
* CIPD (or similar) related to Learning & Development / Training Facilitation
* Facilitation / Coaching