We have an exciting opening for a Release Manager to plan and manage release events for delivery of large or complex change, and infrastructure change including patching, upgrades, service continuity tests and fixes. The Release Manager will need to focus on delivering a smooth and seamless transition into production, minimising service risk for our business and customers.
We’re looking for a passionate and customer centric individual who can build solid relationships with colleagues and peers, a natural flair for problem solving and analytics with an inquisitive nature to learn and grow their career. If this sounds like you, Centrica could the place for you to explore your potential.. Working with internal and external stakeholders you will manage the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release and infrastructure changes, ensuring effective integration across the estate
Covid-19 made us to pack up our belonging and work from home, what we have been able to show is how possible it really is to do amazing work from home, working flexibly has benefitted many colleagues and so when our offices re open hopefully later this year, we will continue to offer flexible working arrangements.
Package: We offer a competitive base salary, plus annual bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and private healthcare to all employees. This role will require some out of ours activity (evenings and weekends) which is planned and managed evenly across the team and will include an out of hours allowance (£7,800 PA)
Location: Staines with flexible working times and options to work from home (we only working from home at the moment)
What will you be doing?
* Engage project managers, technical teams and suppliers to create approach and integrated plans, building in durations, dependencies, impacts and required outages
* Hold walk-throughs and ‘dress rehearsals’ where necessary to measure timings and validate the plans, book resources and raise changes
* Manage go/no go criteria including test outcomes, execute plans through real-time orchestration of technical teams, manage checkpoints and ensure systems are fully restored for our customers
* Communicate progress to stakeholders throughout the events through regular updates and hotline messages, ensure post-release support is in place and conduct post implementation reviews
* Incorporate reversion points and other measures to manage risk and proactively address operational issues to restore services within SLA
* Define, apply and improve release and infrastructure management policies, procedures and governance, in line with industry best practice
To be great in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
* Process-driven, structured and analytical approach
* Strong negotiator and facilitator, with excellent communication skills
* Ability to produce and manage detailed implementation plans
* Ability to engage, build and sustain effective relationships
* Ability to manage and motivate virtual teams
* Operational role in complex IT estate
* Experience in Change, IT Infrastructure and Release Management disciplines
* Use of Service-Now