Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Up to £80,000 + Bonus & Benefits
About the role
This is a new opportunity for a Capital Management Modelling Actuary to join the Capital Management team reporting into the Capital Management Development Actuary.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead projects, and to support the Capital Management Development Actuary on larger scale initiatives, which enable an efficient, industry leading capital management function for the life companies.
Within this role we are looking for someone with sound technical ability who has strong understanding of capital management and the Internal Model. They should have demonstrable experience implementing complex modelling solutions, standard modelling software and programming languages. Given the project nature of this role, the right candidate will be delivery focussed, with a drive to change methodologies and processes for the betterment of the business. They will be pro-active and autonomous with a positive can-do attitude.
• To contribute to the development of capital management strategy for the Life companies by leading or supporting on projects in the Capital Management team across both Solvency Risk management and Internal Model
• To remain up to date with market developments and emerging best practice in capital management and modelling to inform development across our framework and systems
• To promote a centre of excellence around modelling capability, data processing and automation within Capital Management
• To lead small cross-discipline teams to deliver projects, including:
- Projects supporting delivery of the Internal Model development plan including the ongoing enhancement and rationalisation of aggregation and proxy modelling methodologies and toolkits
- Projects enabling greater operational efficiencies and automation within Capital Management, particularly for Internal Model stress calibrations
• To support delivery of larger scale initiatives, including:
- Projects and workstreams needed to onboard or harmonise new Group transactions including IMHP Major Model Changes and the Life Actuarial workstream within Finance & Actuarial Transition Programme
• To challenge the status quo and drive forward activity to develop, test and embed processes which drive efficiency, control and continuous improvement
• To work in conjunction with technical and system design authorities to ensure that modelling and data solutions are appropriate, robust and operationally acceptable
• To build and maintain effective relationships with Line 2, Actuarial Reporting, other business areas and system
vendors to ensure a successful E2E delivery
• A qualified Actuary with experience in the life insurance industry
• A strong understanding of capital management and capital modelling, including the Internal Model
• Demonstrable experience implementing complex modelling solutions
• Up to date knowledge of latest industry techniques and practices for capital management
• Demonstrable experience in standard modelling software and programming languages
• Self-starter able to work on complex analyses with minimal direct supervision
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to achieve challenging objectives within designated timeframes
• Ability to build and sustain relationships
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 10 million policyholders we serve, or the £240 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’ve been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It’s the fact we manage predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving outcomes for our existing customers and their customer experience.
But that’s not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life insurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 30th November 2020.