£60,000 -80,000 depending on experience + on target bonus 30% + excellent benefits package
Remote Working – Flexible Location
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Join the Phoenix Group and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the millions of policyholders we serve, the billions of assets we look after or that we’ve been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. You’ll join a business with a compelling history and an exciting future.
Our Internal Communications and Engagement Team is here to make sure colleagues understand our company strategy, and the part they play in making it happen. The team also plays a key role in driving change across our organisation and ensuring all colleagues feel able to speak up and contribute towards shaping our future direction.
We’re expanding our team and have two exciting new opportunities for Senior Communications and Engagement Business Partners. You’ll lead on the creation and implementation of the communication strategy for one or more of Phoenix's divisions, shared services, Group functions, or Group-wide strategic change portfolios.
You’ll partner with our exec and senior leaders to deliver communications and engagement programmes which help deliver our strategic priorities and realise our vision for the future. You will help plan, shape and deliver communications, so the right messages reach the right people, at the right time. We have a range of channels at our disposal to help get the message across.
• Design and deliver communications and engagement plans which facilitate change, deliver our strategic priorities, and protect and enhance Phoenix's corporate reputation and employer brand.
• Partner with senior stakeholders at executive and senior leadership and act as trusted advisor on colleague communications and engagement, adopting the local priorities and challenges as your own.
• Tailor central communications and engagement tools and products to deliver outstanding outcomes for our divisions, shared services and Group functions. Make full use of the latest techniques and best practice in planning, execution and measurement.
• Use in-depth understanding of the Phoenix Group's strategy and story, alongside in depth understanding of divisional and functional priorities, to deliver effective communication and high levels of engagement across the business.
• Lead change communication initiatives to drive the future evolution of the Group, it's divisions and strategic partners
• Produce detailed plans for divisional and functional communications which supplement and complement the overarching Group plan
• Lead a virtual team of communications consultants and specialists, effectively delegating and managing workload and competing priorities and supporting other's individual development
• Coach senior execs in developing their own internal personal brand and communication effectiveness in line with Phoenix's expected behaviours and leadership principles.
• Support the Group Head of Internal Communications by sponsoring communications programmes or workstreams, providing direction in line with the Group-wide agenda, and within the Group's operational risk framework.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Extensive experience in internal communications ideally within a large organisation.
• Excellent written English, including copyrighting, and editing skills A creative approach, able to deliver engaging communications for varied audiences
• In-depth understanding of communication strategies, techniques and planning
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of communications channels and how each channel can be deployed for different outcomes
• Strong senior stakeholder management and communication/discussion skills.
• Experience of working across multiple teams with multiple stakeholders and where necessary lead teams of SMEs to provide intel and content
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Demonstrate a can-do, don’t wait to be asked and collaborative attitude.
• Ability to assess, challenge and change current processes and results.
• IT skills – good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programmes, especially PowerPoint.
• Project management, planning and delivery.
• Experience in leading and guiding a business through a significant change programme/project
• Industry qualification from a body such as the Chartered Institute of Public Relations or Institute of Internal Communications
Initially we expect that this role will be remotely based and we’ll give you all the support and tools needed to thrive. We anticipate longer term that this role may involve some travel to engage with and support your stakeholders as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, on-boarding and new joiners are currently managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is known as a specialist in the consolidation of Heritage (closed) life and pension funds. Following the acquisition of Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix became Europe’s largest consolidator of closed life and pension funds with businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland. The acquisition included a large Open business, and Phoenix now holds a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe.
Phoenix is the leader in the safe and efficient management of UK Heritage business. Our Heritage business comprises products that are no longer actively marketed to customers and has been built through the consolidation of over 100 legacy brands.
Our Open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies for people who are saving for their future, with the workplace pensions a key part of this. It also includes our growing Bulk Purchase Annuity business and our market leading brand – Sun Life – which sells a range of financial products specifically for the over 50s market.
With the acquisition of ReAssure Group plc in July this year, Phoenix is now the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with C.14million policies and C.£300 billion of assets under management.
Phoenix has achieved remarkable growth during its time listed on the London Stock Exchange, joining the FTSE100 in 2019.
We have ambitious growth plans for our Open business and recognise the importance of sustainability to ensure our future success. With a large customer base and considerable assets under administration, we have a clear social purpose and aim to influence and foster positive progress, both in our sector and the wider economy.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 27th November 2020