£30,000 - £37,000 depending on experience
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
At the Phoenix Group we believe everyone should have a future to look forward to, and that means looking after our customers, our shareholders, and our people. We’ll help you grow and progress by acknowledging your talent and rewarding you well. In return, you’ll give us your energy, enthusiasm and the drive to deliver results. That way, we all have a promising future.
Around 13 million policy holders worldwide trust us with their financial security – and we’re responsible for the administration of over £324billion of their assets. So as you’d expect, financial risk management is one of our core disciplines, and it’s vital to our success as a business.
As a Risk Analyst, you’ll support the risk function in enabling the business to deliver good risk outcomes. The Financial Crime Team works to protect Phoenix Group from the risk of financial crime. We cover:
Anti-money laundering & terrorist financing
• Fraud (internal & external)
• Facilitation of tax evasion
We prevent, detect, investigate and resolve financial crime incidents by:
• Setting policies, procedures and controls
• Gathering and analysing intelligence
• Conducting investigations
• Providing training and awareness
• Oversight of OSP financial crime teams, and our retained business
• Deliver timely analysis and fulfil the agreed reporting schedule for the wider Phoenix senior management team on Business Risk Profiles and other MI reports.
• Undertake quality assurance of the services provided by the first line and Outsourced Service Provider (OSP) Financial Crime Function via a variety of techniques, including sample checking, analysis of MI and reporting, day-to-day interaction and dialogue with business and OSP Financial Crime management.
• Use audit, investigative and quality assurance techniques to identify service improvements, negotiate improvement plans and oversee effective and timely delivery of those plans.
• Provide support to all Group businesses in relation to issues with a regulatory financial crime compliance connotation, such as policy processing, in conjunction with the Head of Financial Crime Prevention.
• Assistance and support the business in completing risk assessment and due diligence work on third party companies in relation to financial crime for any future mergers or acquisitions.
• Source information and produce monthly reporting on the effectiveness of the financial crime framework across the business and OSPs for presentation to senior committees.
• Analyse the produced MI and reporting to determine any emerging risks in the effectiveness of the Financial Crime environment and bring these to the attention of the Risk and Assurance Manager
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience in a financial services or regulated environment in an analytical role.
• Proven analytical, audit, investigative skills and reasoning ability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate and challenge at all levels.
• Proven abilities in relationship and dispute management with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organisation skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Fully conversant in mainstream business software applications
• Financial Crime experience
• Knowledge of screening systems such as Oracle Watchlist Screening (OWS).
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
WORKING FOR STANDARD LIFE: PART OF THE PHOENIX GROUP
When you join us your rewards and benefits will be one of the best in the market - It’s a great way to look after your future. Core benefits include a salary reviewed annually with performance related bonuses, generous holiday entitlement and pension provision, and healthcare. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle – in and out of work. Together, we have a lot to look forward to.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
To apply online simply visit:
Closing date: Wednesday 30th September 2020.