About the role:
Working with systems on premise and within the cloud, you will provide technical leadership for our storage, backup and Linux/Unix platforms. You will accomplish this through proactive monitoring of the estate and dealing with cyclical patching, 3rd level incidents, service requests, project and change work.
You will have the opportunity to improve the efficiency, security and configuration of systems through automation and continuous integration. You will continuously improve the engineering capability of the team in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle, providing knowledge transfer, LWI’s and training.
The role would suit an individual from a systems administration (i.e. GNU/Linux and/or UNIX) background with strong experience with DevOps delivery practices.
Here’s a snapshot of the technologies we use:
Oracle Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Netbackup, Vmware, Azure, Azure DevOps, Git, Ansible, Puppet and Foreman
What we’re looking for:
If you’re interested in joining a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about, we’re looking for an individual that can demonstrate skills and experience in:
• Building production systems in a virtual, physical and cloud environment
• Linux Administration skills and evidence of supporting Linux/Unix Systems
• Storage – SAN, local
• Maintaining systems through automation and continuous delivery - Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Delivering savings and efficiencies through automation
• Scripting - Bash, PowerShell, Ansible Playbooks or Puppet
• Experience of the following is desirable – NetBackup, Python, Azure Dev Ops, Git, Cloud Technologies, Vmware, Puppet and Ansible
On-site support is provided between 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday and a rota system is in place to ensure that these hours are covered. You must also have a full driving license, be willing to do occasional weekend or evening overtime, and be prepared to join an on-call rota when a vacancy arrives.
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary: £35,700 - £39,900 (dependent on experience)
• Performance related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
• 25 days annual leave – Plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• Training and development – We offer in-house training, a variety of masterclasses, bespoke training, study leave, access to learning resources and professional membership subscriptions
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, support with health and wellbeing, sports and social activities, staff discount on over 500 national stores and more
Sunday 19th July 2020