£40,729 - £50,911 + Bonus & Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Flexible/Home Location – Wythall, Edinburgh or London offices
About the role
This is a brand-new opportunity with The Phoenix Group, working in our Group HR function reporting into our Head of Internal Communications. As a FTSE 100 company we are looking for someone to develop, own and manage our communication channels with the support from the wider team to deliver the Company strategy.
No two days are the same and you will actively be involved in BAU and project work, providing the business with advice and guidance, operational support alongside the channel management. There is plenty of variation to this role, not to mention you will be part of a high performing and motivated team. Therefore, if you are looking for a role where you can not only utilise your current experience and skill set and have the opportunity to develop new ones, then this could be an ideal opportunity.
Now is the time to join Phoenix as we are 18 months down the line following our acquisition with Standard Life and with further M&A activity underway.
We are entirely flexible on location, and are open to the possibility of the successful candidate working from home with occasional travel to one of our offices.
(Please note during the current climate we are operating remotely and will provide the successful candidate with everything they need like It equipment in order to be successful under these circumstances)
• To own, manage and develop existing channels, including:
- Group intranet
- Digital signage
- Phoenix Together programme
- Print (posters etc.)
- Social media
- Group website
• Manage social media channels in a way which maximises the exposure of the Phoenix employer brand, builds online communities, and supports the objectives of key internal partners such as Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications
• Identify new, cost effective and engaging channels which complement or update existing methodologies, and manage them from inception to roll out
• Build and develop effective partnerships with stakeholders to ensure business needs are fully understood.
• To lead or support effective informed employee voice channels, including but not limited to:
- Phoenix Together Live
- Local site engagement forums
- Online – utilising Group intranet and other appropriate technology
• To manage discreet allocated budgets in delivery of communications initiatives, providing strong return on investment and delivering to budget
• To ensure that communications comply with both internal and external best practice and relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
• To work closely with the Events and Communications Manager on the effective delivery of key strategic events and face to face communications
• Experience of working in specialist communication team
• Excellent standard of written English
• Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
• Strong planning skills and project/campaign management experience
• Strong understanding of effective social media strategies
• Strong SharePoint and content management system skills
• Recognised Internal Communications qualification
• Understanding of Financial Services Life and Pension industry issues
• Intranet design & management including navigation, taxonomy
• Working knowledge of project management techniques
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 10 million policyholders we serve, or the £240 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’ve been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It’s the fact we manage predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving outcomes for our existing customers and their customer experience.
But that’s not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life insurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 29th May 2020