Office of Rail and Road
Birmingham, Bristol, East London, Glasgow, Manchester and York
The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent safety and economic regulator for Britain's railways and the independent monitor of Highways England. We are here to ensure the network operates safely, reliably and provides value for taxpayers and customers.
As Deputy Director, you will lead ORR’s scrutiny, escalation and public reporting of the capability and efficiency of Network Rail’s delivery of operations and enhancements in a whole industry context, to deliver long-term improvements in the safety, efficiency, sustainability and performance of the railway network. They will also lead the ORR’s publication and analysis of railway statistics.
The Deputy Director will manage a team of around 30 people, who are predominantly specialists and experts in their own fields (such as railway operations, data analysis and project management). They will also have an important role to play in building and maintaining relationships with the ORR’s key stakeholders, including Government, Network Rail, High Speed 1, train operators and their owning groups.
• experience of working in a senior leadership role, successfully managing, visibly and dynamically engaging and motivating a team of professionals to deliver complex and challenging areas of work, and working collaboratively across departments to drive continuous improvement; and
• the communication skills and successful experience of representing an organisation with credibility at senior level, working with a complex and diverse range of stakeholders, building effective and influential professional relationships and networks.
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 12th April 2020