Business Disability Forum
Salary: £28,000 per annum.
Reporting to: Learning & Development Manager
Building disability-smart organisations
Business Disability Forum is a world-leading membership organisation bringing together business and the public sector to build disability-smart organisations. We have more than twenty five years’ experience providing high-quality advice and guidance, in-depth consultancy, learning, business to business networking and knowledge-sharing relevant at all stages of the journey towards greater disability confidence.
Our Disability Standard defines Best Practice and provides the benchmark against which organisations measure their performance on disability across the entire business.
Our taskforces and networks regularly bring together our Members and Partners with disabled opinion leaders to share best practice and create change in their specialist fields or areas of common interest.
1. We are pragmatic problem solvers.
2. We collaborate and share our expertise.
3. We believe everything can be improved.
4. We work for the long-term good of everyone.
To work with Business Disability Forum Members, Partners and non-members to understand their Learning & Development needs, design bespoke learning offers, tailor existing Business Disability Forum content, and deliver the agreed learning offer. You will also be required to work with varied stakeholders, both internally and externally, to support the development of new product and materials.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Independently deliver Business Disability Forum's training to a high standard and in a wide variety of working environments.
• Communicate our learning offer in discussions with Members, Partners and other clients.
• Independently conduct needs analysis with Business Disability Forum Members/Partners/clients to develop relevant learning solutions.
• Writing proposals as appropriate.
• Adapt existing training to clients' specific needs and design bespoke content as appropriate.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of Business Disability Forum’s training for different audiences, responding where appropriate and feeding into further development.
• Confidently and knowledgeably respond to participants' questions and enquiries with a solid understanding of the barriers disabled people may experience in work or as a customer according to current equality law.
• Contribute to the development of new L&D products and services.
• Represent the organisation internally and externally to promote our mission and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders.
• Contribute to Business Disability Forum’s status as a thought leader on disability and business as appropriate.
• Be familiar with and, at all times, adhere to Business Disability Forum’s policies and procedures as compiled in the employee handbook.
• All employees are also expected to promote and comply with Business Disability Forum’s policies on equality and diversity with specific reference to disability both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
• Any other duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post holder.
Line management responsibilities:
• Specialist Solutions team;
• Membership & Business Development team;
• Communications, Marketing and Events team; and
• Other colleagues working with and for Business Disability Forum.
• Partners and Members;
• Associates of Business Disability Forum; and
• Other stakeholders or contacts within other strategic alliances (such as other disability or specialist organisations with which we have a strategic relationship).
We assess how candidates and post-holders meet the criteria through: application (A), interview (I) or testing (T). Adjustments will be made for all candidates throughout the recruitment process.
• Experience of explaining complex ideas or information to non-experts in writing or face-to-face. (A, I & T).
• Experience of delivering face-to-face training for a variety of audiences on diversity and inclusion, management skills or customer service. (A, I & T).
• Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders to understand their needs. (A, I & T).
• Experience of designing learning interventions from scratch. (A, I & T).
• Experience of offering professional advice on complex topics, particularly disability or equality issues. (A, I & T).
• Experience of designing material and, or courses for digital platforms and e-learning.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to relate effectively and appropriately to a wide range of people, including people outside the organisation. (A, I & T).
• The ability to effectively engage a variety of audiences with different levels of knowledge or interest in disability within a training environment. (A, I & T).
• Ability to understand and explain complex information. (A, I & T).
• Strong organisational skills, the ability to effectively manage workload record client interactions and work delivered. (A, I).
• Ability to design training programmes and/or presentations for diverse audiences. (A, I & T).
• Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with people outside the organisation. (A & I).
Knowledge and attributes
• Knowledge of disability or diversity in business. (A, I & T).
• Knowledge of relevant UK discrimination and employment law. (A, I & T).
• A professional, confident and authoritative presentation and personal stylex. (A & I).
• A strong personal interest in and commitment to disability or diversity issues. (A & I).
• Able to travel across the U.K., including up to four overnight stays a month. (A & I).
• Personal experience of disability or long-term health conditions as an employee or customer. (A & I).
• Confidence in taking part in panel discussions and larger speaking events to deepen client engagement. (A & I).
• A keen and curious learner, motivated to build their skills in training design, business development and knowledge of disability and equality issues. (A & I).
We are committed to being disability-smart and an employer of choice irrespective of race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity. The ethical and business case of ensuring that our workforce is representative of wider society is at the heart of what we do. When we are recruiting, disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
General terms and conditions of employment
• Business Disability Forum, Nutmeg House, 60 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NY.
• 9am to 5pm (Mon to Fri) with occasional out of hours work; 35 hours per week although we pride ourselves on having a flexible approach to service delivery and are happy to discuss flexible working options with suitable candidates.
Length of contract:
• £28,000 per annum.
• Three months.
• 25 days per annum plus statutory and bank holidays (33 days in total).
After 3 months:
• Workplace Pension Scheme employer contribution totalling 5% of gross salary.
• Permanent Health Insurance.
• Group Death in Service (Life Assurance 3 x Annual Salary).
• Private Medical Scheme.
• Group Dental Insurance (non-contractual, contributory).
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Interest free season ticket loan.
Business Disability Forum is committed to ensuring that all its information, products and services are as accessible as possible to everyone. If you wish to discuss anything in regards to accessibility or if you require alternative formats please contact Barnaby Powell:
• Tel: 020-7403-3020.
• Email: email@example.com.
Email Me Job Like This
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Disability Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org