Ministry of Justice
Employer of the Week
Salary: £42,879 - £69,659
Salary £42,879 - £69,659.
HM Inspectorate of Prisons is looking for an exceptional candidate to head up one of its inspection teams (the O team) which leads on the inspection of women’s prisons. The successful candidate will be expected to take up post in summer 2018. The exact date will be dependent on the timescales for interviews and security clearance processes. It is hoped there will also be a handover period.
As Inspector Team Leader, you will have a key role within the Inspectorate, making a demonstrable difference to the conditions and treatment of women in detention in England and Wales by helping to improve positive outcomes.
You will be responsible for planning and carrying out inspections of prison establishments, managing a core team of inspectors, and the production of timely and accurate reports.
You will also be part of the Inspectorate’s Management Board and will be responsible for helping to develop Inspectorate policy and inspection criteria.
You will be required to use your credentials, knowledge and experience on a daily basis to advice on and influence national and justice policy formation and promote the work of HM Inspectorate of Prisons.
Reporting to HM Deputy Chief Inspector of Prisons, you will head the team of inspectors, lead on matters relating to the detention of women for the Inspectorate, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and provide expert advice to HM Chief Inspector. In addition, you will regularly participate in other inspections.
Frequent travel within the UK (and possibly abroad) will be required, and you will spend at least one week in three away on inspection, as well as travelling for meetings and other events. You will also need to be available to come to London for internal and external meetings on a regular basis.
You will have:
• Strong leadership and communication skills, independence and objectivity and considerable knowledge and experience of the work and operation of custodial settings;
• Considerable senior management experience within, or directly relevant to, a custodial setting;
• Experience that demonstrates support for and understanding of the Inspectorate’s work and values
• Understanding of the specific issues associated with detention and custodial environments for women and/or experience developing or influencing policy in relation women in the criminal justice system;
• understanding, and preferably experience, of values-based practice, human rights and equality law, including within Europe/overseas.
To find out more or apply for this vacancy please visit:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/recruitment follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 17270.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 23 April 2018 23:55:00
Email Me Job Like This
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Disability Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com