Institute of Engineering and Technology
Employer of the Week
Email Me Job Like This
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most multidisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who shape, or are impacted by the work of engineers. We are looking for an executive to join our ambitious and energetic senior leadership team as the Director of Governance and External Engagement.
• Responsible for shared senior level decision making, as a member of the Executive Team
and to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
• Ensure effective governance and advise the Board of Trustees. Be responsible for
the efficient and effective conduct of business by the relevant boards and committees.
• Increase IET presence as a respected voice of the engineering and technology profession
and an essential source of knowledge and thought leadership to Government policy.
The Person – you will need:
• Board level experience, with the ability to articulate clearly business plans to others
and develop strategy.
• Experience of operating at a senior/corporate level with governance responsibilities.
• Interest in engineering thought leadership with the capability to input into
• Excellent people management skills, with the ability to create and develop highly
motivated, focused teams, operating in an environment of trust and openness.
• Highly developed communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
initiate, and build effective relationships at all levels.
If you are interested in this role and the opportunity to make a significant contribution
to the IET:
Please apply to our recruitment partner; Sarah Thewlis, at applications@thewlisgraham.
com quoting reference L0103 with a covering letter and CV in Word format (advising your
current remuneration details and notice period) by 5pm Monday 19th February 2018.
For further information, please visit www.thewlisgraham.com.
For a confidential discussion contact Sarah Thewlis on +44 (0)20 7850 4781.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Disability Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com