Employer of the Week
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Assistant Surveyor (Stock Condition) x 4
Email Me Job Like This
£28,000 per annum, and an additional £3,000 car allowance
Various locations – Hackney, St Neots, Bradford & Chippenham
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Hanover is recruiting for a number of Assistant Surveyors (Stock Condition) positions. The creation of these roles follows a restructure of the Property Asset Management function and is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of Hanover’s ambitious asset management strategy.
What you’ll be doing
As an Assistant Surveyor you will be responsible for undertaking and planning the delivery of internal and external property and estate surveys.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Completing stock condition surveys of Hanover’s properties, estates and other assets against set criteria, specifically DHS and HHSRS
• Carrying out energy surveys
• Updating the stock condition database and ensuring Hanover has accurate data on file
• Monitoring the general condition of properties highlighting and escalating any specific concerns
• Provide support and advice in the preparation of technical briefs, dilapidation schedules, estimates, specifications and drawings for initial feasibility studies and options appraisals
• Undertake the management and delivery of contracts for works and services as and when the needs of the business demand
Who we need
We are looking for people who have experience working in a similar role, and who have knowledge of the housing/care sector. You should also have experience of undertaking stock surveys in relation to planned investment works.
Key experience and skills required:
• Knowledge and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and responsive repairs
• Ability to apply strong specialist skills to managing technical areas of responsibility
• OND/ONC in Building, Construction or related technical discipline
• Excellent communication and attention to detail
• Be comfortable in an environment that promotes organisational change and transformation
• Ability to travel across your region
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
• 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days
• Option to take an additional 10 days unpaid leave per year
• Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
• Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
• A dedicated Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential support and advice
The roles are located in the following areas:
• North Region – Dove Court, Bradford - Ref: ASSC/AI/PRSU/BRADFORD
• East Region – St Neots - Ref: ASSC/AI/PRSU/STNEOTS
• South Region – Limetree Court, Hackney, E5 - Ref: ASSC/AI/PRSU/HACKNEY
• West Region – Chippenham - Ref: ASSC/AI/PRSU/CHIPPENHAM
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button. Please quote the relevant reference for each role.
Closing date: 20 September 2017
Interviews will take place from the 9 October onwards.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Disability Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com