Duty is not the only thing to consider. It’s important that an employer should only fill positions with appropriately qualified candidates, and to encourage disabled people to participate in public life outside the workplace.
HR departments should consider what steps they might make to ensure the accessibility of the appointment process to disabled candidates.
In order to fairly advertise a relevant position you must consider:
- where disabled people will see it
- It’s important to encourage applications and actively seek applications from disabled people.
At Disability Jobsite we not only provide information on job vacancies for the disabled, but also clear guidelines for employers wishing to learn more about DED.
What does your organisation need to do?
There are four key elements to the legislation:
- To promote equal opportunities for disabled people, taking into account the
- To eliminate unlawful disability discrimination and disability-related harassment.
- To encourage disabled people to take part in every aspect of the organisation.